You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2018 10:14 pm  #1

Where #218

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

1/26/2018 7:58 am  #2

Re: Where #218

Is that the split to go to either potter creek or joe lake?

1/26/2018 9:21 am  #3

Not the split on Canoe for Potter or Joe.

'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

1/26/2018 9:54 am  #4

You sir, are at the landing of P290 to Woodcock Lake.  I've taken almost the exact same pic.

Did you happen to find the old campsite on Woodcock? Seems like it hasn't been used in many years (as of 2012 when I visited)

1/26/2018 10:12 am  #5

You got it Peek.  I didn't paddle the lake, just walked the portage.  I was there in 2015.  Where is it supposed to be as I don't see one marked on Jeff's Map or the FOAP map?

1/26/2018 11:36 am  #6

I doubt it was ever an 'official' campsite because, as you mentioned, it's not on Jeff's Map or the FoA map, nor was it indicated as a removed campsite on previous editions of Jeff's Map (I think v3 and prior showed removed campsites with a green 'x').
The site was nothing more than an old pit and tiny tent pad. East shore, approx 2/3rds up the lake. I tried to find the trail (or landing) to Little Woodcock Lake but was unsuccessful - granted I didn't try very hard.
The entire lake is very shallow, you can see the sandy bottom of the entire lake.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.