You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2018 6:56 am  #1

Late September Kayak Solo Trip Conclusion (Maple to Kiosk)

It's -30 out, so who wants to watch a camping video shot in sweltering late September heat? 

This board gets pretty sleepy this time of year but since I finally finished the last video of my last trip of 2017, I figured I should at least post it here. I hope you enjoy it!

1/05/2018 7:48 am  #2

Re: Late September Kayak Solo Trip Conclusion (Maple to Kiosk)

Thank you so much!!!
Your timing couldn't be better and as always a very enjoyable watch.

1/05/2018 9:48 am  #3

Finally, I've honestly been waiting for this one! 
Thanks!

1/05/2018 10:05 am  #4

Great video as always! Thanks for sharing.

1/05/2018 8:37 pm  #5

Held off watching the first two vids until I could watch all three together. Worth the wait! September sure was a great month.

1/06/2018 9:04 am  #6

BarryB wrote:

Held off watching the first two vids until I could watch all three together. Worth the wait! September sure was a great month.

Good idea, maybe one of these morning Ill make my coffee and re-watch all three. :-) Thanks again, Bob!

1/06/2018 10:48 am  #7

Thanks for the comments folks, I really do appreciate the feedback. I didn't actually intend to take almost two months to get the final video out, but I wasn't in a huge rush either. If I'd known I had a few folks actually waiting for it I might have hurried it along!

I have only one video left to make this winter, which will cover my one day failed trip in August (Clover Lake). The plan is to release it as I'm heading out the door - I mean literally as I'm heading out the door - to go back to that same route to try to redeem myself. If I start getting dispirited on my second attempt, knowing that video is out there proclaiming I'm on my way to try again should mean I either succeed or die trying ;) Although there's a decent chance I won't be doing it solo next time. If it happens, it will be my first ever trip with other AA'ers, so that's exciting. And hopefully whoever joins me is okay with me filming the trip!

On the general video front, I bought a really nice, lightweight travel tripod a few weeks ago which will be joining me on future trips. My 'around the campsite' footage has always been really light, and shot from terrible angles because I had few places to set up a camera with nothing but an 8 inch mount to work with. The tripod should let me get better quality footage which will hopefully translate to better quality videos. 

1/06/2018 11:10 am  #8

Which tripod did you get?

1/06/2018 11:18 am  #9

MartinG wrote:

Which tripod did you get?

Sirui T-025X 52" Carbon Fiber: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BFDETS0/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item

Note: when I bought it it was $50 less than it is on Amazon right now (I paid $219, I'm seeing it listed at $269 now). 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.