You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/20/2017 10:10 am  #1

December backpacking?

I haven't seen much talk on here about backpacking during the winter months. Does anyone have any plans for this winter? I wouldn't mind getting into Provoking Lake later this month or early Dec. before the snow gets too deep. I'd prefer to not need snowshoes but I'll bring some just in case.
It is my understanding that winter protocol will be in effect (probably already is?) I can still setup camp near a designated campsite so I can use the thunderbox and possibly fire-pit correct?
Cheers,
Andrew

Oops - Just realized I posted in the wrong forum. 

Last edited by ATVenture (11/20/2017 10:29 am)

11/28/2017 11:56 am  #2

Re: December backpacking?

Hey ATV! I think I might go next week. Same area you were talking about. I'm hoping there is enough snow to pull a sled. Rain in the forecast who knows. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

11/28/2017 3:52 pm  #3

Splakin wrote:

Hey ATV! I think I might go next week. Same area you were talking about. I'm hoping there is enough snow to pull a sled. Rain in the forecast who knows. 

Funny you mention that! I'm planning to go next week as well. I just had a very complicated tooth extraction done so I'm looking to go as soon as I'm capable. Going to be going through my gear over the next few days while I can't do much else.
Are you interested in meeting up? I'll be solo with my dog. I'm think Provoking Lake, hopefully able to bring in the sleigh to make firewood collecting easier, because there is no wood anywhere near the campsites.

11/29/2017 9:54 am  #4

Ya definitely. I have Fri off so I'll be at the west gate for 9am. Or better yet. Can't you obtain an interior permit at Mew from the self serve? If that's the case I'll be there at sun up. I'll be solo as well. Shout me an email, later

I'm just gone Fishin!

11/29/2017 12:23 pm  #5

Are you talking about the Friday coming? (Dec 1? I'm not sure I should be going so soon after getting the tooth pulled.. I dont want to risk dry socket

11/29/2017 1:52 pm  #6

No no, going on the 8th. Hopefully the weathers right. Supposed to snow Wed and Thurs. Hopefully enough to pull a sled. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

11/29/2017 3:38 pm  #7

I'll let you know! I was thinking about going earlier but it doesn't look like there will be snow in the beginning of the week at all.. as a matter of fact looking at the temperatures, I MIGHT be able to get out in the canoe one last time somewhere around the East Side.

12/02/2017 10:10 pm  #8

With the temps dipping might take the hot tent somewhere along 60.

I'm just gone Fishin!

12/07/2017 8:37 am  #9

So what're ya thinkin'? It's a little cold for me as well, so I'll be mainly doing day trips from now until Spring.

12/11/2017 11:49 am  #10

Hi ATV! I didn't end up going. A few things popped up plus had a honey do list handed to me lol. Also didn't have my solo tent ready. Still a little sewing to do. Heading up on the 20th for 4 days. Can't wait.

I'm just gone Fishin!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.