You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2017 7:34 am  #1

Reserving Cabins

I hope to use one of the Ranger interior cabins for our early spring trip this year.  We always go for a week or more and want to try base camping from one of the cabins.  Is the only way to reserve those by Phone?  And as I understand it; you should schedule 6 months in advance?  If so I should be calling / reserving now for May '18? 

Last edited by Doug.Singlemann (10/31/2017 7:48 am)

10/31/2017 8:15 am  #2

Re: Reserving Cabins

Earliest booking for cabin or interior permit is 5 months before your trip start date and can only be done via calling Ontario Parks and making a reservation (and paying for most (75%) of the cabin cost up front).

10/31/2017 9:01 am  #3

Thanks For the info.  I'll put it on the calendar for Dec then.

11/22/2017 8:13 am  #4

I plan on booking a cabin for an early spring trip.
Does anyone have any experience booking cabins at this time?
Do they book up quickly due to spring fisher-persons?

My concern is people call early to book 18 days to ensure they get the cabin and then cancel later on... 

11/22/2017 7:16 pm  #5

That's exactly what they do and almost what you need to do to reserve one unfortunately.  They book up quick. We tried to book one last fall, 5 MONTH PLUS A WEEK from arrival for   our planned trip hoping to scam the system. Don't judge. Everyone else does it apparently lol! It was already reserved. We were able to book the big trout cabin a week after may 24 and few years back. I was surprised we got it. I was disappointed with that one but that's another story all together. They're a good idea in the shoulder seasons if you don't have great cold weather equipment IMO. If you're lucky enough to get one. Good luck.

11/23/2017 12:13 pm  #6

Shayne74 wrote:

That's exactly what they do and almost what you need to do to reserve one unfortunately.

That's what I was afraid of.
I really don't/didn't want to be one of those people... dang-it!

12/27/2017 1:40 pm  #7

Well, we were able to get the cabin we wanted for the time frame that we wanted.
I guess we lucked out!
Hopefully a late ice-out doesn't kibosh the trip!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.