You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2017 2:56 pm  #1

Too Early ??

So is it too early to start a thread about trip planning for next spring ?

Its nasty out there today and people are already grumpy ... I don't want to make things worse !

11/10/2017 7:42 pm  #2

Re: Too Early ??

Definitely not!  Already thinking of a couple potential trips for myself for next season...😄

11/11/2017 2:13 am  #3

No, not too early.  Already thinking about a couple of trips I'd like to do next year.  Some bushwacking involved so some extra planning involved.

11/11/2017 9:28 am  #4

I am planning a canoe trip for next week (starting Monday) but I might have to change my plans. Looking at the APP live webcam Fork Lake is partially frozen. The lake in behind my house in North Bay has been frozen solid for 2 days now too.
Maybe I should pack for backpacking? Or stay home and plan for next year? Lol

11/11/2017 4:52 pm  #5

Usually by the end of camping season I'm okay with it, and maybe even ready to enjoy a bit of a break. Not this year; I'm already jonesing for Spring. I don't have to plan my first trip of next year, however, as there's only one option - going back to the route I bailed on in August. 

11/11/2017 5:02 pm  #6

Uppa wrote:

Usually by the end of camping season I'm okay with it, and maybe even ready to enjoy a bit of a break. Not this year; I'm already jonesing for Spring. I don't have to plan my first trip of next year, however, as there's only one option - going back to the route I bailed on in August. 

LOL!  Doesn't seem to have been the smoothest season for you.  But lol'ing at this as one trip I have in mind for next year is a bit of a do-over aswell, missed a couple points of interest along the particular route so want to rejig to explore...

11/11/2017 8:23 pm  #7

Ash wrote:

LOL!  Doesn't seem to have been the smoothest season for you.  But lol'ing at this as one trip I have in mind for next year is a bit of a do-over aswell, missed a couple points of interest along the particular route so want to rejig to explore...

I managed to sneak in a 4-day late September trip that was as idyllic as they come. Perfect weather, perfect campsites, no drama. Work has been so crazy busy for me the last few months I've barely been on this site let alone had time to make a trip video, but things are finally calming down.Will be posting day 1 shortly, if it ever finishes uploading!

Last edited by Uppa (11/11/2017 8:24 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.