You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2017 8:45 am  #1

New Report - The Secret of the Ooze (Lake)

Hi All,

I've got a new report up over at All of Algonquin. This covers the rest of my trip to the Barron Canyon area back in September and means I'm all caught up on posting reports. Hopefully I've got one more trip in front of me before the snow falls (anyone heading to the Shall Lake access point in the next couple of weeks?)

https://allofalgonquin.com/2017/10/18/the-barron-canyon-revisted-part-2-the-secret-of-the-ooze/

Drew

10/19/2017 9:17 am  #2

Re: New Report - The Secret of the Ooze (Lake)

Hey Drew, Looking forward to reading it.. I'm just heading to Kiosk right now for the day, so I'll check it out when I get back.

I've been aching to do a trip into both Booth and Shirley Lakes.. I was thinking about doing it this weekend, but I could always head somewhere else this weekend and save Shall for a later date. 

10/19/2017 7:55 pm  #3

Enjoyed the report Drew!

+1 for the ninja turtles title

10/20/2017 11:53 am  #4

ATVenture wrote:

Hey Drew, Looking forward to reading it.. I'm just heading to Kiosk right now for the day, so I'll check it out when I get back.

I've been aching to do a trip into both Booth and Shirley Lakes.. I was thinking about doing it this weekend, but I could always head somewhere else this weekend and save Shall for a later date. 

I don't think I'm going to be going this weekend, we just bought a new vehicle and are waiting for delivery. My wife isn't thrilled with the idea of me taking our current one into the park since we're trading it in as part of the deal.

Next weekend, however, as long as we've got the new car I think I'm going to be able to do an overnight.

What were your plans?

10/20/2017 7:26 pm  #5

Peek wrote:

Enjoyed the report Drew!

+1 for the ninja turtles title

Thanks Peek. Any time I can work a tmnt reference into a trip report I know I'm doing something right.

11/11/2017 5:09 pm  #6

Good stuff as always. The Barron Canyon area continues to be one of the few sections of the park I've never visited. It seems like one of the few areas of the park that will always have more people around than I really want to encounter, but sooner or later I'm going to have to check it out. 

By the way, your "Barron River Portage Bypass" and "High Falls Wipeout" videos have been set to not allow watching outside of Youtube, which means even though you embedded them in your trip report they can't actually be watched on your website. 

11/11/2017 6:37 pm  #7

Thanks Uppa, that’s good to know about the videos. I’ll get that fixed.

Ps. I’m still up for a Clover Trip next spring

11/11/2017 8:19 pm  #8

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

I’m still up for a Clover Trip next spring

I hadn't forgotten! I'll definitely be in touch about that trip towards the end of winter with you and the others who mentioned they were interested. If it works out that you can join me, that would be great - I've yet to meet an AA'er I didn't like!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.