You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2017 4:46 pm  #1

Where in the Gonk is this? #191

I took this picture exclusively for the purpose of posting it here, in the unlikely event I ever guessed correctly.  So if somebody gets this on the first try I'm gonna be disappointed and we might not even be pals anymore.  Ahhhh, ok, I can't stay made at you forever.  We can still be pals, just let me down gently.  I'll give you a hint.  it is in Algonquin Park.  I've said too much already.  Also it was taken from a portage entrance, so double points if you get the lake and the portage.

10/15/2017 4:34 pm  #2

Re: Where in the Gonk is this? #191

Rod & Gun?

10/15/2017 7:56 pm  #3

Not Rod & Gun.  North of 60.

10/16/2017 6:28 am  #4

Start of portage from Gull to Glacier?

10/16/2017 11:00 am  #5

Not quite that far north of 60!  Draw a line from Gull to Rod & Gun.  North of Hwy 60, west of that line.

10/16/2017 7:12 pm  #6

Looking into Jubilee after coming from Sawyer (or going TO Sawyer)?

Last edited by John McClane (10/16/2017 7:12 pm)

10/16/2017 8:36 pm  #7

Not Jubilee/Sawyer.  However, you would (most likely) use the same Access Point (4) to reach this lake.

10/17/2017 6:41 am  #8

Weed Lake from P40 to Islet Lake?

10/17/2017 9:10 am  #9

Peek, you just made dontgroandaddy groan a little.  Your capacity for retention and mentally cataloguing of visual images is incredible.  So Peek, you got it, and you got the bonus points as well, so you scored the goal and somehow got the point for your own assist.  You are up!

When I took my kids on a trip this year we stayed on Islet for two nights.  We went fishing the morning of day 2, and took time out to explore that little area.  It was a beautiful morning and the view was pretty there, so I took pictures all around, including some of my kids horsing around on a giant rock outcropping on the opposite side of the little creek around which the portage goes.  Those were the photos I used in my trip report - except for this one....which I held on to just so Peek could bust my little tiny bubble...pop! ....  

10/17/2017 3:15 pm  #10

Sorry for the Groan! I'll take the bonus points lol I don't know, there is something about Algonquin that burns the images into my head - probably its endless beauty!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.