You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2017 7:34 pm  #1

2 nights on Byers - Thanksgiving Weekend (pic heavy)

Not sure if anyone's reading these, but here's my last trip report for the season, 2 nights on Byers during Thanksgiving weekend: http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=46353

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

10/16/2017 8:39 pm  #2

Re: 2 nights on Byers - Thanksgiving Weekend (pic heavy)

Awesome trip report!  The amazing thing about Algonquin (to me) is that every side of the park seems to have such a different landscape to it.  I haven't ventured too much into the southern area of the park but I really like the look of those sandy beaches and open campsites!

10/16/2017 8:41 pm  #3

Cool, nice report and good pics!  I've been meaning to head down to that part of the park - will definitely check it out.  Weird that those other campers weren't there....

10/16/2017 8:54 pm  #4

Steve E wrote:

Awesome trip report!  The amazing thing about Algonquin (to me) is that every side of the park seems to have such a different landscape to it.  I haven't ventured too much into the southern area of the park but I really like the look of those sandy beaches and open campsites!

Thanks. I read ahead of time that the north site on Byers and southeast on Scorch were nice, but the others weren't great... so I was pretty surprised when I saw that all of them were actually pretty decent and I wouldn't have been upset camping on any of them (some still better than others of course, but there are far worse sites throughout Algonquin!)

fbeauregard wrote:

Cool, nice report and good pics!  I've been meaning to head down to that part of the park - will definitely check it out.  Weird that those other campers weren't there....

Thanks, it's definitely a nice getaway for a quick 2-3 day trip when you're looking for something different in a less popular route.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

10/16/2017 9:02 pm  #5

Great report and great pics. Makes me want to add the area to my list for next year. (And the list is already so long )

11/14/2017 9:23 am  #6

Good stuff! I'm so ignorant of the southernmost part of the park I was saying out loud "Byers... Scorch? Is he talking about a different Algonquin?". 

You mention getting shuttled to Kingscote. Is that a normal service offered from an outfitter or did you have to make special arrangements? 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.