You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2017 2:24 pm  #1

Permits from the wrong office for the access point- possible?

Hello Campers,

I'm heading up for a fall camping trip on Sproule this weekend. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of picking up permits for lakes further east than source lake on highway 60 from the west gate? The central ontario parks reservation phoneline suggested it just cant be done. The computer said no, must pick up at east gate.

Its no big deal, it would just be more convenient for me not to have to drive to the east gate and then double back to the put-in. Ive already reserved online

Note-that I may be able to answer this myself definitively shortly, by either a) ringing the west gate office (the number seems tricky to find on the interwebs) or, b) stopping in at the west gate on the way through on friday and seeing if human based bureaucratic agility can produce me a shiny permit from the wrong office!

Either-way I am sure its gonna be a fantastic weekend up in Algonquin! Has anyone been on Sproule- I heard its a nice lake!

Phil

9/26/2017 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Permits from the wrong office for the access point- possible?

I think I may have a similar question... If I'm arriving to the park at 11:30pm on October 12th, staying at Mew Lake for a night and heading into the backcountry out of Canoe Lake on the following morning (the 13th), where should I pick up my backcountry permit!?

9/26/2017 5:12 pm  #3

They get pissy and say it's impossible, but I can tell you from experience I picked up my North Tea permit at Canoe lake. The lady afterwards said she made a mistake doing that and they just had to call the northern office to let them know ( I guess the other office loses out on some revenue that's all)

9/26/2017 10:03 pm  #4

I've obtained permits for Gaileary  from the canoe lake office before. Didn't seem like much of an issue.  With Sproule  lake being  in such close proximity to Opeongo I would imagine you should be able.to get permits there.  Enjoy your weekend. I'll be on misty for a couple days myself.

10/02/2017 8:46 am  #5

Update- I stopped in at west gate and picked up my permits for Sprule, it was no issue at all, infact they had me on their list.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.