You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2017 1:09 pm  #18

Re: Epic Fall trip in A.P.P.

Peek wrote:

If you haven't packed up and moved camp 13 days in a row before, I strongly recommend adding a rest day (or two) and allowing a buffer in case the unexpected happens - be safe with your planning. There are a lot of short days here, so I see where you're going with it, but keeping to this schedule will require the cooperation of everything involved, including the factors to which you have no control over (weather, injuries, illness, animals - you name it).

Overall great route Andrew and you and I both know you'll have a blast - just plan a day to stop and smell the flowers, I guarantee you'll be taking a day off somewhere along the way anyway.

Have fun and take a ton of pics man - I'll be in the park for my bachelor party Sep 8 to 12 - I'll be sure to raise a drink and wishing you well on night one from halfway across the park!

I figure if I don't take any rest days I could finish the trip in 10 days, so basically I think I'll probably end up ahead a day or two somewhere in the first 7 days, so I can choose rest day(s) at that point. The park looks pretty dead when/where I'll be, so camping on a big Lake such as Burntroot won't be a huge deal. 😊

9/28/2017 8:01 pm  #19

So what ended up happening with this trip? How did it go? I noticed you were online a few days before the trip was scheduled to end.

There was some fantastic weather at the beginning of your trip dates, you were super lucky in that department, I bet you loved every second of it!

9/29/2017 6:37 am  #20

Peek wrote:

So what ended up happening with this trip? How did it go? I noticed you were online a few days before the trip was scheduled to end.

There was some fantastic weather at the beginning of your trip dates, you were super lucky in that department, I bet you loved every second of it!

Hey Peek!
I ended up doing 10 days. Started on Sept 8th. Stayed on Shah, Shippagew, Burntroot, La Muir, Happy Isle, Otterslide, White Trout, and Timberwolf. The weather was amazing.. I didn't see a single drop of rain in 10 days! The only issue I had was with the small travel days. I feel I could have covered twice the distance I did in the same amount of time. I didn't end up going to Hogan/Big Crow because when on La Muir I could here steady logging machinery coming from that direction, so I messaged a friend on my InReach and he said they are actively logging right beside Big Crow so I stayed away. I still haven't really gone through the 3000+ photos I took on the trip, I should start today!

Last edited by ATVenture (9/29/2017 6:37 am)

9/29/2017 2:57 pm  #21

Dude no rain for 10 days you lucky duck. Great route man, and yeah I'd keep away from the chainsaws and diesel trucks too.. awesome stuff man

9/30/2017 7:57 am  #22

Peek wrote:

Dude no rain for 10 days you lucky duck. Great route man, and yeah I'd keep away from the chainsaws and diesel trucks too.. awesome stuff man

Yep it was a great trip for sure, my favorite to date! I just got back two days ago from the Rock-Welcome-Louisa loop, and I seen WAY more color on my trip starting in the 8th than I did last week. It's been a crazy year.

I'm going to go fishing *somewhere* by Brent today and do some exploring.

Tomorrow I am going to leave for another 2 night distance oriented trip (no fishing ) Not sure where yet though, possibly the Kiosk-Big Thudner loop with a side trip down to Osler, or maybe a loop from Cache. Any word on how the bass are biting lately? With water temps still up there they are probably still fairly agressive?

Last edited by ATVenture (9/30/2017 8:00 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.