You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2017 10:54 pm  #1

Paddle Today -- (non-AP)

So, after a week in AP backcountry, and not possible to dash back there for more during
the best consecutive weather days of Summer 2017, consoled myself with a paddle on Ottawa River.

It was a warm and sunny afternoon, at least!

Where do you guys like to get on-water when not in the Park?

9/23/2017 7:39 am  #2

Re: Paddle Today -- (non-AP)

Summer is finally here! Someone told me today is supposed to be the warmest day of the year so far! Pretty crazy considering we had frost in August!
If I'm not in Algonquin you can find me either on the Mattawa River or in Temagami somewhere most likely. 

9/23/2017 9:20 am  #3

I'm in Temagami right now, first time ever. Just came in from an early morning fish on Island Lake in Temagami River PP. perfect day up here.

9/24/2017 9:06 pm  #4

Had to make do with hand-paddling a floaty around a pool in Toronto suburbia
this weekend--definitely not AP! (...but refreshingly wet in the 34C+ heat!).
When in Rome...!

9/25/2017 10:33 am  #5

Rideau River ... but traffic there is getting pretty heavy these days ...

9/26/2017 8:57 pm  #6

Thanks DW, good to know!  Since the Rideau is clogged with the end-of-season crowd,
I decided to do a classic Ottawa paddle tomorrow!

9/27/2017 4:39 pm  #7

>>>  
No paddle today...at mid-day when I planned to head-out, Mother Nature threw a twist
to the last summer-like day of the season.  28C and sunshine turned to black clouds, rain,
thunder and high-velocity wind in west Ottawa!  Had my Jeep roof down and got a 'boat-load'
of pine-needles to clean out now...thanks a lot MN!  (The past two weeks were stellar though!}.

Bring on Autumn!  

Last edited by Sean of Londinium (9/27/2017 4:43 pm)

10/04/2017 11:20 pm  #8

With all the rain and thunder/lightning today, really glad I got out for a paddle yesterday!
Went to check-out Aylmer Island, in the middle of Ottawa River, west of central Ottawa.
Put-in from Shirley's Bay on a warm and breezy afternoon.

Took some time to explore as the wind blew stronger.  A couple of recentlyused fire-pits, a light beacon
and sandy beach, along with a few trees and some nice views towards both the Ontario and Quebec
shorelines.  As the sun was setting in the west, a near full-moon was rising east...

Hopefully, a few more warm days ahead!

10/05/2017 8:17 am  #9

Nice pics.

Just a reminder that this site is really about Algonquin. Other sites such as MyCCR and the Ontario Canoe Tripping group on Facebook cover a wider area and are a better spot for topics outside of Algonquin. 

10/25/2017 10:54 pm  #10

Thanks Rob, a little misunderstanding of the title  'Catch All Discussions...' on my part.
All AP all the time on AA is ok with me!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.