You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2017 10:17 am  #1

Madawaska lake

I was looking at Jeff's Map and it shows Madawaska Lake as being open to motorboats, but I can't figure out how they'd get there. There doesn't seem to be a road or access point. Anyone been there and know how this works?

9/05/2017 10:32 am  #2

Re: Madawaska lake

Not sure if anybody can haul a boat in there or if it's just for that little chunk of private land. That part of the park was added later. I was there in August 2015 and didn't see anybody on the lake. I really enjoyed the paddle on the river to get there.

9/05/2017 10:33 am  #3

While I don't know, I expect it might be associated with the single, small lot of private land on the eastern edge of the lake - grandfathered in the use of a small motor attached to a canoe for the single owner of that property.  Perhaps they portage one in and leave it on their land for use when they visit?

Not many other likely scenarios - most lakes that allow motors usually are immediately accessible or at least have cart path access.

9/05/2017 11:09 am  #4

There probably are bush roads branching off the hydro right-of-way road that provide access to the hunt camps in the area... there are three visible on satellite photos, heading west towards Madawaska lake. Further west, towards ML they disappear under the tree canopy.

9/05/2017 12:02 pm  #5

yep,,  i fished the lake with a motor boat.  i have been in with a truck. my cousins would take in a tent trailer, back in the day.   the road goes along the hydro line as you suggested. from the l.b.c.o  in whitney and the ross, beanpole  lake road  from haliburton village. we turned off where there was cans hanging from trees. gotta be better marked by now. the lake access was at a small beach. we also went into the galipos chain of lakes from there
   i hope this helps?
  these lakes has been hit hard over the years. 

Last edited by swedish pimple (9/05/2017 12:03 pm)

9/05/2017 3:21 pm  #6

Also, the highway 60 OP electrician holds a lease (or ownership) on a nice little cabin on Madawaska L. that he flys in to..

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.