You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/28/2017 4:31 pm  #1

Where in Algonquin

This is NOT in Algonquin. But it should be. Where is it?

8/28/2017 4:31 pm  #2

Re: Where in Algonquin

Peek no guesses from you 

8/29/2017 1:26 pm  #3

Is it on a lake?

8/29/2017 5:33 pm  #4

It is on a lake. A beautiful lake!

8/30/2017 3:58 am  #5

Lake Victoria ?

8/30/2017 10:10 am  #6

You go it Andy. This is one of the buildings for the Smith Estate. Also known as The Weston's estate, or Salvation Army Camp Madawaska. One of very few developments on Victoria Lake. A gorgeous lake! Notice that the park boundary does an unusual jog around this lake instead of following the Clancy township boundary. This is because the whole lake and surrounding area was owned by the governor of Vermont prior to the creation of Algonquin Park. This would have made an awesome destination if it were inside the park.

8/30/2017 12:56 pm  #7

Yes a very beautiful place and  lake - we took a day trip down there about 6-7 years ago - got to meet the caretaker and had a really nice chat with him - the trip down and back was a pretty trip as well some good pike and bass fishing as well all the way down and back.

As this wasn't an official WIAPP I'm assuming you are still up Martin :-)

8/30/2017 1:45 pm  #8

Passin the torch to you Andy!

8/30/2017 2:21 pm  #9

Interesting post!  I knew a little of L Victoria around park creation - Interesting to see a little piece...

:-)

8/30/2017 2:28 pm  #10

Okay I'll try to dig something up and post this evening

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.