You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2017 2:59 pm  #1

Polly ('s) lake

Does anyone have any info on the two campsites on Polly ('s) Lake? Can you post some pictures?

8/15/2017 4:10 pm  #2

Re: Polly ('s) lake

Okicamping wrote:

Does anyone have any info on the two campsites on Polly ('s) Lake? Can you post some pictures?

I haven't been there and I don't have pictures, but I've done research before and seen some pictures and the one on the point looked pretty good and is supposedly the nicer of the two.

I'm a big fan of Linda Lake though, so if you're planning a trip in that area and Linda is an option, I would consider that.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/16/2017 7:55 pm  #3

Went to and from Linda Lake back in 2004 via Polly Lake. I stayed at the south campsite on the way there and at the north one on the way back.
I'm sure the trees have bulked-up over the intervening years but these shots will give you the gist of the campsites.

Looking south from the landing of the south campsite ...

Looking across the campsite to where I'd set up the tent. that morning I was woken by the shadow of a plant-munching moose on the wall of my tent!
The wood chips were still fresh on the ground from a chain-saw, artist-ranger having created the unusual campsite furniture ...

Looking down across the campsite, to the lake beyond...

This is the north campsite, viewed from the rocks nearer the water ...

Looking out from the tent, with the narrows due east just visible below ...

​Stitched-together panorama, looking due north to the campsite's point and landing area, from just in front of the tent ... 

8/17/2017 8:45 am  #4

Great pics!  Looks like a cool site.

8/21/2017 7:21 am  #5

Thanks so much for the replies and pics. I stayed on the north site this past Friday and it was nice. The south site was a bit gloomy and too bushy. Not too many bugs out this time. Maybe because it was rainy most of the time.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.