You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2017 7:39 pm  #1

trailer camping on Pretty Lake?

OK...I know this is an odd question, but I'm going to ask it anyway...
 ​I understand that the 'interior' campsite on Pretty Lake is accessible by car.  I'm wondering if it would be suitable to set up a small-ish pop-up tent trailer? I know it's unusual to ask about a trailer on an interior campsite:  Hubby would really like to do some interior camping, but with 4 young children, it's out of the question.  We usually just go to a campground, but I was hoping the Pretty Lake site might be a good compromise?  We can live without the services and facilities, and we could go in a tent.  The trailer is just SO much easier! Thanks for humouring me!

8/15/2017 8:08 pm  #2

Re: trailer camping on Pretty Lake?

Hi, you might want to let others who have actually camped there confirm, but having driven by and also seen some photos of the site, I think you could pretty easily set up a pop-up.  Now, you might want to confirm whether that is allowed under the regulations for interior camping beforehand.

8/16/2017 5:30 am  #3

Re: trailer camping on Pretty Lake?

It's a great after Friday work destination if you are headed to Eustache or Travers for the rest of the weekend.  Sure beats the pants off of the jump off sites at Achray!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.