You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2017 1:19 pm  #1

South arm opeongo

We had hoped to do a longer trip into the interior next week since we finally got a full week off but the kids have put their feet down and just want to relax at a campground. To compromise, I thought maybe we could just do an easy paddle to a site on the south arm of opeongo.  I've seen pictures of some really nice beach sites on the north arm but not much on the south end. Does anyone know if there are many/any beach sites in the south arm or just general Site info. I could probably get them to paddle to about Bates Island as far as distance goes.

8/05/2017 2:27 pm  #2

Re: South arm opeongo

there is a beech sand bar kinda connecting bates island to the main shore. on the back side of the island, nice spot. 
 i think bates island is around 2 mile paddle from the docks

Last edited by swedish pimple (8/05/2017 2:29 pm)

8/06/2017 8:44 am  #3

theres a sandier site on sproule bay, not the island site, but the one on the rounded point a bit below blueberry island. Not much of a beach, but site is up a few feet of sandy hill where it then straightens out. In case you've got windy weather to deal with.

8/12/2017 8:18 am  #4

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, we had a few car issues with our "camping car" and ended up spending most of our vacation fixing them.  I'll keep these options in mind for another time.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.