You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2017 2:22 pm  #1

Cedar Lake Access Point

I've got trips coming up on consecutive weekends out of the Cedar Lake access point. I'll be bringing my canoe up, and I'm wondering if there a place where I can store/lock my canoe at the access point to save carting it there and back for the week between. Anyone done this? 

8/11/2017 4:24 pm  #2

Re: Cedar Lake Access Point

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

I've got trips coming up on consecutive weekends out of the Cedar Lake access point. I'll be bringing my canoe up, and I'm wondering if there a place where I can store/lock my canoe at the access point to save carting it there and back for the week between. Anyone done this? 

I have no idea if this is a valid option, but have you tried calling Algonquin Outfitters? They have a location there, right? Maybe they'd let you store it for the week for a small fee. 

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/11/2017 4:56 pm  #3

trippythings,  that's a great idea.

I know there are rules and regulations against "cached" canoes, but I was wondering if the park rangers/wardens would consider that a "cached" canoe.

The first thing that came to mind was to call the access point you want to leave it at and explain the situation to see what they will say.

8/11/2017 6:10 pm  #4

Like mentioned, try AO in Brent. Pretty sure the town is not technically part of APP and therefore the rules are not applicable. Be careful though the shoreline is part of the Park and not sure what the setback is.

8/11/2017 6:53 pm  #5

Just to update, I did get in touch with AO and the guy at the Oxtongue said he thought it would be possible to store it at Brent but to check with the Brent store to confirm. No phone up there so I'm waiting on an email. I'll let you know what they say.

8/12/2017 1:07 pm  #6

Heard from Jake at the Brent store, it's not a problem.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.