You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2017 11:59 am  #1

Algonquin 875

For anyone interested,

I am trying to finish off Algonquin Park's ~875 portage-accessible lakes by the end of next fall. I am at somewhere between 60-70% currently, and from here out will be blogging the final lakes here:

https://morinryanj.wixsite.com/algonquin875

8/03/2017 12:21 pm  #2

Re: Algonquin 875

Best of luck Ryan.
I saw the Portage Store's Instagram post on you the other day.
Another member here Algonquinlakes (I believe) is going after this goal as well.

Looking forward to following along on your blog.

Nice squaretail in the photo BTW!
Where'd you catch it? haha J/K!

Cheers.

8/03/2017 12:28 pm  #3

Sound's awesome, if you see this Mr. Algonquinlakes send me a message, maybe could team up or something!

Father actually caught that brookie, on one of those idyllic small lakes with a deep hole. If you follow the blog you will see many more trout, that's partly behind the reason for attempting 875!

8/03/2017 12:57 pm  #4

That's amazing man!  I've always wanted to do that as well but then my job, kids and stuff got in the way .  Good for you...I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

8/09/2017 12:08 pm  #5

Hey Ryan, this is an awesome goal. I found your blog last night from the P-store's FB post and I'm looking forward to following along. As Breed85 mentioned, I'm trying for something similar, but I'm nowhere as close to the finish line as you are. Good luck and good paddling; I'd love to meet up somewhere and cross a few lakes off together.   

8/21/2017 2:56 pm  #6

Hey Mr. Lakes,

You know, if you observe my paper map master copy you would think I am almost done. However the closer, and the more you look, you'll realize I have vast swaths of tiny side lakes and ponds, many could have easily been done as a passed through earlier, before the whole 875 idea. Now they require a mission to return to. 

This fall in particular, I will be blasting through some lakes that dont hold trout. This is ideal in late fall because you cant fish lake and brook trout after sept 30 in the park anyway. If you, or anyone else on here, is interested in meeting up and tagging along to crush out some routes let me know. 

8/21/2017 6:21 pm  #7

ryanmorin wrote:

Hey Mr. Lakes,

You know, if you observe my paper map master copy you would think I am almost done. However the closer, and the more you look, you'll realize I have vast swaths of tiny side lakes and ponds, many could have easily been done as a passed through earlier, before the whole 875 idea. Now they require a mission to return to. 

This fall in particular, I will be blasting through some lakes that dont hold trout. This is ideal in late fall because you cant fish lake and brook trout after sept 30 in the park anyway. If you, or anyone else on here, is interested in meeting up and tagging along to crush out some routes let me know. 

I'll be available for most of Oct/Nov.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.