You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2017 7:39 am  #18

Re: Feature Video Of My Trip

RCShevalier wrote:

A friend of mine on Facebook shared the following article tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/foi-request-fishing-spot-1.4232556

I sure hope nothing happens with this and that the lake's location remains a secret.

This is awful. I imagine Mike won't be posting any more videos if the FOI is successful.

8/06/2017 7:53 am  #19

Error.

Last edited by Peek (8/06/2017 7:53 am)

8/06/2017 7:53 am  #20

RCShevalier wrote:

A friend of mine on Facebook shared the following article tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/foi-request-fishing-spot-1.4232556

I sure hope nothing happens with this and that the lake's location remains a secret.

This is nothing more than a sad and pathetic attempt by an ignorant jackass who is trying really hard to get to the good fishing spots - without putting in the work to find those spots.

When I found this article a few days back, my jaw dropped in disbelief. I was angry, disappointed and concerned. I couldn't believe that someone in the paddling/fishing community would be so bold as to try something like this - knowing damn well the repercussions of revealing the location - I guess I was naive.

I've got one thing to say to the clown who initiated this FOI request, just in case he/she is on this forum:
Keep up your bullshit tactics and soon the fishery in AP will be completely desolate and barren. Loser. Use common sense, if you have any.

Last edited by Peek (8/06/2017 7:58 am)

8/06/2017 8:08 am  #21

Thanks guys! And yes the fallout from this video probably deserves a thread of its own.
For those that don't know in early July I received a 5 page letter from the MNR stating that someone had filed a request for information under Canada's freedom of information act to receive a copy of my interior camping permit which shows which lakes I camped on each night.

In my mind it's simply a sad commentary on the world we live in. A world full of people with boundless self entitlement and an endless need for instant gratification.

If anyone is curious here's a link to lengthy interview I did for the CBC show As It Happens this past week:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.4233735/why-this-ontario-angler-plans-to-keep-his-fishing-spot-secret-despite-freedom-of-information-request-1.4234269

The MNR's decision was to "neither confirm or deny" the existence of the park permit to the individual in question and they can now appeal. Hopefully the ordeal is over!

Worth mentioning, for those who "think" they know the location, you need to listen to the As It Happens interview. Right at the very end I explain why it's unlikely anyone can know for sure where I fished.

Cheers,  Mike

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.