You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2017 8:12 pm  #1

Trip Report - Sec Lake

I've got a new trip report up at www.allofalgonquin.com. Last weekend's trip to Sec Lake with my two oldest kids and all the mosquitoes. https://allofalgonquin.com/2017/07/20/sec-lake/

7/21/2017 5:56 am  #2

Re: Trip Report - Sec Lake

Great report.
I like reading reports from others with kids that are around the same age as mine (4 and not-quite 2).

7/22/2017 7:40 pm  #3

Thanks! It was a fun trip. Sec Lake seems like a great spot to take younger kids.

7/23/2017 9:09 am  #4

As usual a funny and entertaining report!!!
Thanks!

7/24/2017 3:49 pm  #5

Thanks @oldboyscout

7/25/2017 8:27 am  #6

Good read! I just got back yesterday from taking my two year old daughter camping, but even a paddle in site was more than I was willing to attempt. But you've inspired me, so next year I'll give it a go - assuming I can talk my wife into it, that is. 

7/26/2017 1:45 pm  #7

Great reports!  Thanks for sharing...  My little ones are 4 and almost 6 months...  Haven't taken them in yet, but have done paddling afternoons with my 4 year old...  Our first trip was on a river, so afterwards she wasn't quite fond of the idea of canoeing...  Then we watched Disney's Moana movie, and from then on she had a great time pretending we were paddling the ocean just like the title character lol!

7/26/2017 3:14 pm  #8

We've gone a few times to Sec ... never been disappointed ... my kids are 9 and 11 now but they were 3 and 5 the first time ...

There's a nice rock island down the lake for swimming and picnic if you ever decide to go back ...

By the way .. .I have 2 small paddles for my kids ... always brought never used !

7/26/2017 7:26 pm  #9

Sec is great, and a good lake to take kids.  Easy to get to, enough things to do (island, fishing, hiking the portage trails, swimming).  Can get pretty busy though, especially on summer weekends, and once in a while you are reminded that you are only a few kilometres from an active military base.  I once woke up to what felt like very heavy shelling!

7/27/2017 2:02 pm  #10

Uppa wrote:

Good read! I just got back yesterday from taking my two year old daughter camping, but even a paddle in site was more than I was willing to attempt. But you've inspired me, so next year I'll give it a go - assuming I can talk my wife into it, that is. 

Thanks Uppa. Camping with a two year old is a whole new ballgame. Makes every other kind of trip seem infinitely less stressful in comparison  

7/27/2017 2:04 pm  #11

Ash wrote:

Great reports! Thanks for sharing... My little ones are 4 and almost 6 months... Haven't taken them in yet, but have done paddling afternoons with my 4 year old... Our first trip was on a river, so afterwards she wasn't quite fond of the idea of canoeing... Then we watched Disney's Moana movie, and from then on she had a great time pretending we were paddling the ocean just like the title character lol!

Thanks! It's amazing how Disney can make everything better. My daughter is the same way, she loves pretending she's Moana when she's in a boat.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.