You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2017 8:56 am  #1

Vanishing Pond

I am planning a trip the first week of September, Can anyone tell me if Vanishing Pond has vanished and is the creek accessible down to Lt Doe Lake?  Thanks.

7/24/2017 9:29 am  #2

Re: Vanishing Pond

With all the rain this year, I'll be surprised if the pond actually vanishes.

Regardless, when it finally does vanish it will be listed as a travel advisory on the FoAP website. You can check out all current advisories by clicking here.

7/24/2017 1:02 pm  #3

I do not remember an advisory in past years for Vanishing Pond but I could be mistaken.

Last edited by Bearcap (7/24/2017 1:04 pm)

7/24/2017 1:24 pm  #4

They do - and the wording they use is kind of funny too - 'Vanishing Pond has vanished'.

Perhaps water levels in the past couple years have been good for it, and though I can't recall which years specifically, I've definitely seen this advisory a few times in the past 6 or 7 years. 

7/24/2017 5:04 pm  #5

Pretty sure I saw the advisory last year.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

7/25/2017 7:55 am  #6

I remember paddling vanishing pond (also known as FML Pond if I'm not mistaking - someone crossed out Vanishing on the Portage sign and replaced it with FML) in the Spring of 2016 it was a slight struggle for my friends' heavier 3 person boat to make it across... We decided on an alternate route on the way back down a few days later... Always a good time though!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.