You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2017 3:59 pm  #1

Lauder Lake

I've booked a short (3 night) trip for early August out of Kiosk, and on a whim I decided to book night 1 on Lauder. I've found a bit of info online but not much - it doesn't seem to be a popular destination.

Really all I'm looking for is campsite advice, with my priorities being good swimming and a good view, in that order. My favorite campsites are those I can dive in from. If you've ever been there, any info is appreciated!

7/17/2017 11:27 am  #2

Re: Lauder Lake

Good lake for  fishing.  Although I have no pictures, the site(s) at the upper part of Lauder are better than the ones at the bottom for what it is worth.  In the summer, the lake should be yours as it is a dead end lake and hardly ever visited.  Depending on the water levels, the portage in could be much shorter than on the map.

​My memory just kicked in and there was a triplog once from Canoeguy who camped on this lake complete with pictures.

Last edited by boknows (7/17/2017 11:30 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

7/17/2017 11:31 am  #3

Spent 5 days there last July and enjoyed it.

As for sites, the only one that will accommodate swimming+view is the western one - it has a rock you can jump into the water from. I don't recall if its deep enough for diving, but all other sites have no real swimming opportunities unless you're okay with weedy cobblestones. I'd say either the first site on your left (rock site) or the last site on the lake are the good ones. The other two kinda suck and one of them doesn't even exist. Beauty Lake tho.

7/18/2017 7:26 am  #4

Thanks Bo and Peek. I don't normally trip in late July or August as there's just too many people around, but I'm hoping Lauder will give me a night of peace and quiet. I'm the only booking on the lake for that night - let's hope it stays that way!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.