You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2017 8:21 am  #1

Avenza Maps

Has anyone else had any problems extracting the Jeff's Map - Algonquin Map in their Avenza Maps app? I've been trying to extract it and I keep getting an error at the end. I've sent an email to their help desk, but thought I'd check here in case there's a simple workaround people know of that I won't have to wait on Avenza for.

Thanks,

Drew

7/14/2017 9:36 am  #2

Re: Avenza Maps

I haven't extracted it in some time (last time was probably two or three months ago) but it worked fine then.  

7/14/2017 9:48 am  #3

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

Has anyone else had any problems extracting the Jeff's Map - Algonquin Map in their Avenza Maps app? I've been trying to extract it and I keep getting an error at the end. I've sent an email to their help desk, but thought I'd check here in case there's a simple workaround people know of that I won't have to wait on Avenza for.

Thanks,

Drew

Hi Drew,

Not sure what you mean by "extracted" if you downloaded the map from the website and are trying to get it to open in Avenza, you may have problems with that.
The easiest way is to go to "Download or get Map from the store" then to "Get a map from the store" and search for it from there "Jeff's Map" in the search field should bring it up.

7/14/2017 10:06 am  #4

Hi Breed,  

Once it downloads to the app it goes through an extraction phase where I'm assuming it's trying to unzip an even larger file from what was downloaded. That's where I'm getting hung up. I can download the map to the app no problem, but something about that last step is going wrong. I've checked with other maps in the app and they're not giving me the same troubles, so I'm wondering if it's related to the size of the Jeff's Map. 

7/14/2017 3:17 pm  #5

iPhone or android?

7/14/2017 3:25 pm  #6

iPhone

7/14/2017 6:24 pm  #7

I've run into that problem before. It usually occurred when there was an interruption to the download/extraction. Make sure you're on a good wifi network, set your phone so it won't shut off and start the download. Leave it alone until it's completely done.

7/17/2017 6:09 am  #8

Also, make sure there is more than adequate memory on the phone.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.