You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2017 9:17 am  #1

Stag to Tim River Portage

I just booked a trip that's going to take me along the Stag Lake to Tim River portage. Jeff's Map has this portage marked as obstacle covered and hard to follow, but that was as of 2011. Anyone been through there more recently that can either confirm Jeff's report or reassure me that I'm not going to end up bushwhacking into an angry black bear jamboree? 

6/14/2017 11:11 am  #2

Re: Stag to Tim River Portage

This portage is a BITCH!!!

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/15/2017 3:50 am  #3

A buddy made two trips across this portage a few years back and never found the trail.  YMMV.

6/20/2017 10:10 am  #4

I went through there in 2014 and it all the portages through that stretch had maintenance done on them. On the Stag-Tim, the small yellow portage signs were put up along the way where which way to go got confusing. No issues at all making it to the Tim.

6/20/2017 10:55 am  #5

CoreyTrevor wrote:

I went through there in 2014 and it all the portages through that stretch had maintenance done on them. On the Stag-Tim, the small yellow portage signs were put up along the way where which way to go got confusing. No issues at all making it to the Tim.

That's great news. Thanks for easing my mind.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.