You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2017 5:08 pm  #1

Where in Algonquin? #157

Since Methye isn't able to post this round and it's been slow for someone else to step in, I figured I'd post another one. 

* edited to reduce image size

Last edited by trippythings (6/18/2017 5:09 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/19/2017 7:41 am  #2

Re: Where in Algonquin? #157

Oh, that's Three Mile... 

6/19/2017 7:57 am  #3

Ralph Bice (the portage from Little Trout)?

6/19/2017 5:57 pm  #4

RPDUKE wrote:

Oh, that's Three Mile... 

You are correct. Both of my threads were guessed on the first post... gonna need to try something a bit more challenging next time it's my turn.

algonquinbeyond.com

6/19/2017 8:02 pm  #5

I don't know when you took that photo, but I am sorry to report that when my wife and I stopped there for lunch on the August long weekend last summer we found that the campsite had been seriously damaged by a fire.

6/19/2017 8:47 pm  #6

yellowcanoe wrote:

I don't know when you took that photo, but I am sorry to report that when my wife and I stopped there for lunch on the August long weekend last summer we found that the campsite had been seriously damaged by a fire.

Really?!? That picture is from September 2015. Such a shame to hear, it was a really nice site with a gorgeous view of both sunset and sunrise.

^ my favorite Algonquin pic, from that site

algonquinbeyond.com

6/19/2017 9:28 pm  #7

This is what the central part of the campsite looks like now.   It's the usual story -- someone pulled a burning log out of the firepit.   This led to an underground fire that damaged several large trees in the campsite.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.