You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2017 9:02 pm  #1

Ermine Lake or Limberlost Area Lake Access Info

Hey all,
I am planning a fishing day coming up and am looking into Ermine lake as well as some others in the Limberlost Road area.
I found some info on Ermine from the old forums.
If there is anyone with experience on Ermine or other "backwoods lakes" in this area, I would appreciate the opportunity to pick your brain as it relates to access.
I think a PM exchange would be best.
Thanks in advance.

6/20/2017 8:00 am  #2

Re: Ermine Lake or Limberlost Area Lake Access Info

Ermine Lake is stocked with splake, that's public knowledge...

Are you asking about other lakes in that area of the park, or lakes outside the western boundary of the park in the Limberlost area?

6/20/2017 8:28 am  #3

DanPM.

My post was to inquire about any knowledge of how to access Ermine.

I am also asking about access to some of the lakes outside of the park in the limberlost area.

Ive been to a few in the area and I am willing to explore.
I thought I would see if anyone with some knowledge would be willing to answer a few questions I had re: access on some of them that could potentially help me plan my explorations.

Last edited by breed85 (6/20/2017 8:28 am)

6/20/2017 5:17 pm  #4

Oh sorry, I missed the word "access" in the title and thought you were talking about fisheries info. Yeah, I remember that old thread about Ermine, I think the conclusion was you can get there by ATV. From the LIO satellite imagery you can see an ATV trail at least to the creek, just downstream of the lake, unclear if there's direct trail access to the lake.

6/20/2017 7:57 pm  #5

DanPM wrote:

Oh sorry, I missed the word "access" in the title and thought you were talking about fisheries info. Yeah, I remember that old thread about Ermine, I think the conclusion was you can get there by ATV. From the LIO satellite imagery you can see an ATV trail at least to the creek, just downstream of the lake, unclear if there's direct trail access to the lake.

Thanks DanPM.
I do the same to assist when looking for access...  Google Earth app is great. Really helpful when you're able to cycle through the timeline of satellite imagery. The trails show themselves particularly well when the shots are taken in winter.

Cheers.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.