You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2017 9:39 am  #1

One Night Group Recommendations

Hello All,

I'm hoping to take a group of 4-6 college aged men for a one night trip into Algonquin Park. The date would be June 23-24th, and we would be leaving from Orillia. Ideally we'd be looking for good pike fishing (and bass for the Saturday), and/or a site with good swimming. We would also need to be able to rent a couple of canoes from the launch site. I was considering the Shall Lake access point, but was not sure what campsite to aim for, or if there are other areas I should consider.

Any advice is appreciated.

6/12/2017 11:23 am  #2

Re: One Night Group Recommendations

Shall Lake access point is a good one for what you are looking for.  You can arrange to have canoes there after phoning the outfitter in Madawaska (I believe it is called Outbound) but you should check this out.

From the access point, go right to Crotch Lake and then another right to the shoreline at the end of the lake. About a 15 minute paddle.  It is a GORGEOUS sandy beach site with lots of room for tents as the site is spacious. And it is the only one there.  There are also some paddle in sites close by, but you will definitely have privacy on this site.   From this site, you can fish Crotch and Farm and even down the river to fish Shall.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.