You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2017 2:42 pm  #1

Sec Lake

I've got an overnight booked with my daughter in mid July to Sec Lake (she's five, loves swimming, so decent water access would be great). I've never been and I see there are a ton of campsites on the lake. Any favourites that people recommend? Any to avoid?

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (6/08/2017 2:43 pm)

6/08/2017 6:17 pm  #2

Re: Sec Lake

Have not been there myself so I can't recommend where to stay.. but I can recommend where to avoid., The 4 campsites on the island are closed to camping due to an Eagle (or Eagles) nesting nearby.. so you can cross those 4 off the 'check 'em out for potential' list.

6/08/2017 11:23 pm  #3

I have been to Sec Lake hundreds of times.  As Peek said, the main island with 4 of the nicest campsites on the lake is closed this year due to eagles nesting on the island.

The lake is totally spring fed and of course the water is crystal clear.  However, campsites with beaches on it just do not exists (except for the island that is closed this year).  There are some other really nice campsites for swimming (without beaches).  Two of them are even reachable without having a canoe.  Drop me a message in my inbox and I will fill you in further re campsites.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/09/2017 7:27 am  #4

The Northern facing (facing the AP) campsite on the other island has decent swimming I think (beach wise). 

6/10/2017 2:06 pm  #5

well, not really!  However, there is a sandy beach point not too far away from this campsite.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/12/2017 9:29 pm  #6

There are plenty of nice sites on Sec, but it does fill up on summer weekend, especially when they've got the big island closed to camping.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.