You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2017 8:21 am  #52

Re: What's Your Personal Best?

Swede, found your calling buddy. Feel free to put me down as a reference.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/become-conservation-officer

Jdbonney - Cheers, it was a stellar weekend for the bite.

Last edited by basilthegood (5/08/2017 8:22 am)

5/12/2017 9:13 pm  #53

Hey Swede

​I for one appreciate your comments regarding responsible fishing!
Thank you!

5/17/2017 2:56 pm  #54

My buddies biggest Algonquin bass.  This donkey weighed in at just over 5lbs. 
Nothing fights like an Algonquin small mouth! 
Also, has anyone else noticed they tend to bite while releasing them? 

5/18/2017 7:32 am  #55

basilthegood,  I was just south of the Park on the 7th and for whatever reason the bite was on where I was as well,  think a major bug hatch had a lot to do with it, even during the snow storm.   l'm going to say I fished from roughly 10:00 am - 2:00pm.     caught Lakers on 4 different presentations and all pretty much in 1 area, sure they had come into the shallower water to feed on the bugs hatching,    lures where   EGB,   Diving Body Bait,   Jig and plastic Grub and a Senko worm.          EGB was Black and Silver.    Plastic Grub was White as was Senko.         lost a few on the jig and grub as they would hit it and drop it.

Also from my experience on other """"FISHING FORUMS""""    When people get bashed for posting their fish in Pictures they tend to never post pictures of their CATCH anymore.       just my 2 cents.

5/18/2017 9:57 am  #56

Nobody here would ever ignore responsible fishing advice or comments. Nobody here appreciates unsubstantiated accusations either.

71 wrote:

Hey Swede

​I for one appreciate your comments regarding responsible fishing!
Thank you!

5/18/2017 2:30 pm  #57

kenny wrote:

basilthegood,  I was just south of the Park on the 7th and for whatever reason the bite was on where I was as well,  think a major bug hatch had a lot to do with it, even during the snow storm.   l'm going to say I fished from roughly 10:00 am - 2:00pm.     caught Lakers on 4 different presentations and all pretty much in 1 area, sure they had come into the shallower water to feed on the bugs hatching,    lures where   EGB,   Diving Body Bait,   Jig and plastic Grub and a Senko worm.          EGB was Black and Silver.    Plastic Grub was White as was Senko.         lost a few on the jig and grub as they would hit it and drop it.

Also from my experience on other """"FISHING FORUMS""""    When people get bashed for posting their fish in Pictures they tend to never post pictures of their CATCH anymore.       just my 2 cents.

It was a crazy successful weekend. Far exceeded my expectations especially with the storm. I'd say over Friday-Sunday I brought in and released 15 or so fish. I had the most success with EGB's and Little Cleos, but the big fish of the weekend was actually caught on a dressed black fury. Lost a few hot lures as well which I promptly replaced.
Only one way to combat that eh, keep the pictures coming

vanslyke - that's a hog! Can't wait to head into some smallie waters this summer. I caught a few incidentals while trout fishing last weekend and immediately knew what was on my line. 

5/23/2017 2:48 pm  #58

ZenSoloist wrote:

I haven't actually caught a Trout in the park since I was a kid and that one was a nice little Brookie. Since then my pb is a 24", six and a half pound Rainbow and I just hooked in to these for Trout opener (but on the Credit somewhere)

Splash action by Zen, on Flickr

Landed by Zen, on Flickr

Nice Atlantic Salmon Haven't caught any outside of Labrador.

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

5/27/2017 8:13 am  #59

Yes, the upper Credit is stocked with Atlantics. That's what those are.

6/02/2017 9:54 am  #60

Got my first algonquin brook trout last weekend in the park. 
Took me a few years of spring trips to get one but man does it feel good!

6/04/2017 2:57 pm  #61

Vanslykeé
​that speck is tot big to keep . First one or not

6/04/2017 6:17 pm  #62

Antman wrote:

Vanslykeé
​that speck is tot big to keep . First one or not

Do you see a picture of it dead and or being cooked?
It was released just like every fish I catch. 
Thanks for your policing though.

6/04/2017 7:08 pm  #63

Why is that fish too big to keep?

6/04/2017 7:48 pm  #64

MartinG wrote:

Why is that fish too big to keep?

Because it's too big to say that it's too small to keep, and there's too few in the pic (1) to say that it's too many to keep, and it's too pale to say that it's too dark to keep, and dangit, some people need a reason to judge other people's harvest and there are only so many excuses.

6/04/2017 9:50 pm  #65

Thanks for straightening me out Dan! LOL. It was an honest question on my part. I thought perhaps I was missing some reg or reason for not harvesting that particular fish.

6/04/2017 10:23 pm  #66

Beauty looking fish Vanslyke! Congrats!

I know how you feel...I caught my first algonquin brook trout just last year.
My 11 year old son caught his first this year...so he's way ahead of me and he made sure I was aware of it. ☺

6/04/2017 10:25 pm  #67

My apologies for assuming it was kept. But how did the picture come about ? Was it caught from shore? One should handle the fish as little as possible. Have it out of the water as little as possible.
​Fish this aize are  the spawning class. Algonquin is under too much pressure to lose fish like this. Or we will all lose the pleasure of hooking such a fish

6/05/2017 6:20 am  #68

It was caught from shore.  Netted.  Unhooked.  Revived in the net.  Then held for a few pictures.  It swam away immediately with zero troubles.
If anyone sees me holding fish in a picture, that fish is still swimming.  Unless it is a whitefish from lake simcoe, I release all fish I catch to breed and be caught again by someone.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.