You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/02/2017 6:10 pm  #1

CAMPING ON WENDIGO LAKE FIRST TIME NEXT WEEK FOR A FEW DAYS

I am planning on camping on Wendigo Lake (near Deux Rivieres) for a few nights next week.  I know it is not in Algonquin Park thus I do not need an interior camping permit.  However, do I need a car permit in order to leave my car at access point????

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/02/2017 6:44 pm  #2

Re: CAMPING ON WENDIGO LAKE FIRST TIME NEXT WEEK FOR A FEW DAYS

The access point is crown land so no you do not. I checked out some of the sites a few weeks back when I was there and I didn't find anything overly nice! I'd suggest going down into Allan or North Depot or sticking with your Grand/Stratton plan?

6/02/2017 7:02 pm  #3

I want a more remote feeling camping experience and something I have never done before.  Reason being Wendigo Lake.....comfortable campsite is not a pre-requisite for me.  Just need a spot for my tent and I am ready to go.

6/02/2017 7:34 pm  #4

John Connelly wrote:

Last fall , I spent a few unplanned days on Wendigo .
There is a nice site on the South -East side , with a sandy beach and spacious site .
As ya know .... Bo , when paddlin ta Allan and beyond , ya don't notice this site .
It's at the far end of the lake , on the opposite shore of the direct paddle most take when headin to the portage to Allan .

While waiting out a sore back , watched a bear swim across the lake .

Thanks John.  Da campsite looks purrrrrfect.  I will DEFINITELY camp there if it isn't taken.

6/02/2017 11:20 pm  #5

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......off to donate some blood and camp, fish and enjoy nature.  If black bears get me, this will be my last post!  

6/08/2017 11:29 pm  #6

Thanks John, it was a wonderful site that I stayed on the last night I was there as I went further down to Radiant Lake.  I did however see a moose on Wendigo and also your bear swimming back to my side of the lake where it came from.

4/24/2023 4:11 pm  #7

Anyone have any pictures of the aforementioned site?  Looks like the links to John's pictures are expired.  Thanks!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.