You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2017 5:19 pm  #1

My 1st Solo Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park - Part 2 [video]

I've finally published the final part of my solo canoe trip. It certainly didn't go as planned, but I guess that's what you get with weather conditions... and time of year.

https://wabooseadventures.com/2017/05/16/why-i-went-out-alone-in-algonquin-video-part-two/

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

5/18/2017 6:27 am  #2

Re: My 1st Solo Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park - Part 2 [video]

Terrific report!  Nice that you have something you enjoy so much (photography).  Not only is it fun, but keeps you gives you something enjoyable to do to pass the time.  It is hard sometimes to let yourself slow down and just be in a place, and photography allows that.  You really got some wonderful shots as well.  My first solo was last year.  I used the camera to make a bunch of camping skills mini movies to show some cub scouts.

5/18/2017 7:47 am  #3

Lots of beautiful shots and 'this is Algonquin' moments throughout the video - good stuff!

Good on you for having the right gear for the conditions. That dry suit saved you from having a very uncomfortable experience, if not an outright dangerous one. 

Running out of batteries for the cameras is never fun. You can buy batteries on Amazon for super cheap - I have over a dozen for each of my cameras, just in case!

5/18/2017 9:19 am  #4

Great report! Impressive photos as well. Good call on the drysuit, waders are my saving grace when the weather is wet and cold.

5/18/2017 4:10 pm  #5

You're not a tripper until you've tipped a canoe!!!
Great report, love the pictures! Glad you were properly prepared and outfitted.
I'm looking forward to more videos

5/21/2017 12:42 pm  #6

Bravo!  I too have shed a tear at the end of a solo trip, there are so many emotions that erupt.  I can appreciate being at the end of the day and making the choice to having a stiff drink verses making supper.  Best of luck on future solo trips.

5/21/2017 12:43 pm  #7

I'm envious that you had such a great camera system at your disposal. I have an old Panasonic GX1. That G85 and those lenses are awesome, as the images prove! Maybe I should contact Panasonic toward making their cameras the official cameras of Algonquin Adventures? Hhmmm, maybe I could score a new G85 camera body. LOL

3/04/2018 12:36 pm  #8

Just noticed from your blog that you are a Sharpe and spell it the right way so because you love the outdoors like I do I'm considering you a long lost cousin.

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.