You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2017 7:13 am  #1

Algonquin Forestry Authority 2017 - 2018 Schedule of Operations Map

The Algonquin Forestry Authority 2017 - 2018 Schedule of Operations Map (PDF) is available for download here.

5/16/2017 12:50 am  #2

Re: Algonquin Forestry Authority 2017 - 2018 Schedule of Operations Map

I was studying the schedule of operations map a bit this evening, and noticed that a lot of the selected locations border water - in fact a lot of them do.  In some cases, right where there are campsites.  Is that just done for the convenience of producing a map?  I have a hard time imagining that there would be logging at the water's edge, even selectively, or particularly close to campsites.  I've never heard chainsaws, etc., going while I was in the park....although I thought I did one morning...turned out to be a million mosquitoes outside the tent drooling while awaiting their breakfast.... 

5/16/2017 8:09 am  #3

They don't log campsites or lakeshores, though sometimes logging operations are audible from there. I imagine the map shows the boundaries of the areas selected for logging but within those areas there are riparian reserves and such... they're not clear-cut blocks, at least not to those exact boundaries.

5/16/2017 8:24 am  #4

Thanks Barry,

I'm just gone Fishin!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.