You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2017 9:39 am  #1

My 1st Solo Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park - Part 1 [video]

I would love to share my trip report/blog post and video (my first one!). I had an amazing first solo trip and can't wait to plan more. What a sense of accomplishment!

https://wabooseadventures.com/2017/05/10/why-i-went-out-alone-in-algonquin-park-video-part-one/

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

5/11/2017 10:23 am  #2

Re: My 1st Solo Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park - Part 1 [video]

I liked your report and video very much!!! You're braver than I going solo in May. I'm glad you made the decision to stay put during that windy second day. I've been in the same position and the feelings of wanting to get going clashing with the need for safety are usually a day long battle. 

Looking forward to part two!!

5/11/2017 10:35 am  #3

good for you, nice trip,,,
  i find the first night most restless on  solo trips, getting used to the forest sounds,  

5/11/2017 5:37 pm  #4

Congrats. My first solo trip was a few years ago with a similar route (Canoe to Little Otterslide to Burnt Island and back). And I agree, the best part about the trip is the sense of accomplishment! I spoke to a lot of members on the CCR forum before going and they told me once you start going solo, that's all you'll want to do... and it's true, each year I tend to want to spend more of my time in the park solo. And oddly enough, some of my best stories come from my solo trips as well. Congrats again, now it's time to start planning your next solo trip.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

5/11/2017 6:39 pm  #5

Congrats on your first solo! For some people, it's hard to go back to camping with others once the solo tripping bug strikes. 

5/12/2017 7:51 am  #6

Uppa wrote:

Congrats on your first solo! For some people, it's hard to go back to camping with others once the solo tripping bug strikes. 

Agree.
And congrats on your trip!

5/15/2017 6:16 am  #7

oldboyscout wrote:

I liked your report and video very much!!! You're braver than I going solo in May. I'm glad you made the decision to stay put during that windy second day. I've been in the same position and the feelings of wanting to get going clashing with the need for safety are usually a day long battle. 

Looking forward to part two!!

Thank you so much for the comment, oldboyscout. I think I would be more adventurous during warmer weather and less freezing lakes. Going in May was because I had that first week of May off and there wouldn't be any bugs. Glad I did it. My confidence is through the roof!

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

5/15/2017 6:17 am  #8

trippythings wrote:

Congrats. My first solo trip was a few years ago with a similar route (Canoe to Little Otterslide to Burnt Island and back). And I agree, the best part about the trip is the sense of accomplishment! I spoke to a lot of members on the CCR forum before going and they told me once you start going solo, that's all you'll want to do... and it's true, each year I tend to want to spend more of my time in the park solo. And oddly enough, some of my best stories come from my solo trips as well. Congrats again, now it's time to start planning your next solo trip.

Thank you for the comment, trippythings. I can't tell you how many people have said the same thing about once you start soloing, it's all you'll want to do! I'm already thinking about my next one. Thank you again or the comment

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.