You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2017 11:29 am  #1

chinook microfleece sleeping bag liner

Hi there,

Im wondering if anyone has this liner, or has an opinion about it? Any other makes that jump out as real good?
I have a real old, down sleeping bag, but find it to warm in the summer, and to cold in the fall. Would like to add a liner but weight is an issue, and i dont like silk. Also would prefer a rectangular one. Im very tall, and love extra room, so a single size might not do?
Opinions welcome!

3/03/2017 6:39 am  #2

Re: chinook microfleece sleeping bag liner

I use a Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor extreme.  I use it with my quilt in the colder seasons and during the warmer months I have used it all by it self without the quilt.  So far so good for me.
http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=Thermolite%26reg%3B+Reactor+Extreme+Liner&o1=0&o2=0&o3=149

3/03/2017 7:30 am  #3

the frugal DIY alternative I tried last spring to prop up an older bag another couple years was to take a flannel bed sheet we no longer needed, and cut and sew a quick liner to match my barrel shaped sleeping bag.  Not pretty, but did the job and well!

3/03/2017 5:10 pm  #4

@russ , that looks very interesting indeed, but currently a bit steep price wise, thanks though, gives me something to think about if making it myself turns out to be more expensive then I'm hoping.

@craiger05.  I'm handy enough with a sewing machine, I'm going to look to see what a polar fleece 300 goes for by the meter. I do not have flannel sheets unfortunately, but a great thought anyway, thanks.

3/05/2017 7:44 am  #5

yeah full disclosure my wife did the sewing once I had it cut down =)  I bet cost of the fleece is much cheaper, and its not a piece of gear that has structural or aesthetic components to it.

Is a matching pillow case going too far? =)

Good luck!

3/07/2017 5:03 pm  #6

@craiger05. Well now, went shopping, bought 2m of polar fleece 300, cost $8.00 per meter on sale at the moment at fabricland. Weight when sewn into bag liner right around a pound. Enough pieces to create pillowcase, WITH narrow side Velcro closing so for once nothing will come out once stuffed in. Total cost all materials $24.00
Nice heavy duty fleece!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.