You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2017 7:01 pm  #1

best spots to camp

Hi folks Just curious about what sites would be best to stay at or avoid when going to hogan and la muir lakes ?

2/22/2017 7:39 pm  #2

Re: best spots to camp

On hogan, I thought the island had a nice spot on the north end. It faces east so you can see a partial view of the rock cliff. Easy landing, loads of space for tents, if you hammock there is at least one good spot there, and the bonus is, at sunset, you just walk thirty seconds to the west facing side of the beach and take in the sunset.

The spot at the southwest corner suffered from being burnt by a careless camper, the only time I checked it out.

Facing east
https://photos.smugmug.com/Canoe-trips/Algonquin-big-lakes-tour/i-zbwnXf8/1/L/DSCF0286-L.jpg

On the strand facing west
https://photos.smugmug.com/Canoe-trips/Algonquin-big-lakes-tour/i-NNKQFHH/1/M/DSCF0292-M.jpg

Last edited by Methye (2/22/2017 7:41 pm)

2/23/2017 8:46 am  #3

La Muir middle site north side. Love this lake. Only 4 bookable sites on such a big beautiful lake.

And not busy. Last year in Aug my wife and I had the entire lake to ourselves.

Last edited by ShawnD (2/23/2017 8:48 am)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

2/23/2017 8:03 pm  #4

Thanks guys looks like i cant go wrong with either of those sites !

2/24/2017 11:16 am  #5

The Hogan site Methye mentions is very nice too. Only thing I don't like about it is you can hear people on the nearby site.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

3/16/2017 11:19 pm  #6

Was on Hogan, west end of the island last summer and although you can see some fire damage, it's a nice site.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.