You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2017 11:41 am  #1

New Trip Report Online! (TR 44: Big Crow Lake)

Good morning Algonquin Adventures Community!

I've published another trip report on TOURduPARK this morning! This was supposed to be a 5-day loop through Big Crow Lake, down the Crow River to Lake Lavieille then down to Dickson and out across the Dickson-Bonfield portage. Unfortunately a series of events, big and small took their toll and the trip had to be abandoned.

Sometimes things don't go as planned, and its your reaction in these situations that determine your fate.

I hope you enjoy the read - TR 44: Big Crow Lake

Some Preview Images:

2/22/2017 10:26 am  #2

Re: New Trip Report Online! (TR 44: Big Crow Lake)

Holy smokes, the trip reports just keep coming!

Bummer about the trip, but I can understand how someone can convince themselves they're fine even when they're not. I got really close to going on my September trip last year even though one of my wrists was badly messed up - the thought of not going was almost unbearable, so I kept trying to convince myself it would be okay. In an odd coincidence I was booked for basically the same loop as you. Maybe Lavieille is bad luck?

2/22/2017 12:48 pm  #3

Hey Bob yeah man it sucked big time - we were both very much looking forward to the trip (obviously). Every time I checked in on Gary, even tho he said he was fine, I wasn't convinced. I knew the trip was over long before it actually ended.

Lol Lavieille isn't bad luck - she is just really really hard to get to, sometimes more so than others.

Last year I ended up doing a repeat of this trip (without the water taxi) with a different friend and we had a blast!

2/22/2017 5:17 pm  #4

I love that loop, have done it several times. Great trip report, really enjoyed it. Sucks you had to cut it short but great you were able to make it out without any lasting effects.

2/25/2017 7:38 pm  #5

JDB, yeah its a great route I've done a couple times myself - lol except this time. Gary made a full recovery after a few weeks so it wasn't a total loss. We eventually made up for our missed trip. Glad you enjoyed the read.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.