You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2015 5:33 am  #1

ULA circuit backpack

Does anybody else use this pack?  It's a light weight pack that seems to have quite a following
My main pack is a Gregory Baltoro 75 it's comfortable but weighs almost 6lbs The circuit is 41oz or under 3lbs
http://www.ula-equipment.com/product_p/circuit.htm

8/30/2015 3:55 pm  #2

Re: ULA circuit backpack

I haven't used the Circuit but I use the ULA Epic pack and absolutely love it. Both packs have the same construction techniques and comfortable straps.

The circuit is a rather small pack from what I understand so unless you've got your carry weight right down there it might not be the pack for you.

I went with the Epic from ULA not just because of the rave reviews on their packs but because I can outfit it with any size dry bag I want. For example, this weekend we started out thinking single carry on the portages - I packed a 65L dry bag. At the last minute it changed to double carry. I ripped it apart and repacked into two 35L bags. Neat because I carry over one bag, toss the dry bag down and head back with an empty backpack, slip the second dry bag in, close 3 quick clips and I'm on my way again.

The other nice thing is that the hipbelts are changeable - lose weight and need a smaller size, you don't have to change out the bag, just the hipbelt.

I'd recommend any of their bags.

8/30/2015 6:29 pm  #3

I don't have, nor have I used the Circuit because I can't justify the cost to get it in Canada. ULA and Six Moon Designs got together last year and made the Six Moon Designs Fusion. It came out to mixed reviews in the ultra light community. Basically some people don't like the side pockets and the colour. There are also some comments in forums about fit issues. Basically it fits small.

The have revised the Fusions for 2015. The Fusion 65 spec is very close to the Circuit. Plus they are currently blowing out the 2014's at less than half price plus free shipping and no tax. I bought one and love it. Great fit, design and weight. Worth considering especially at $110.

Last edited by MartinG (8/30/2015 6:34 pm)

9/09/2015 12:00 pm  #4

I ened up getting the ULA Circuit backpack.  The construction of the pack looks good.  I did a trial run packing my gear food and water.  I ended up around 29lbs. The pack felt nice on my back after doing some adjustments of the straps.  I have not had a chance to give it the true feild test yet.

9/13/2015 8:24 am  #5

I have a ULA Catalyst (little bigger version of the circuit, built tough) I use sometimes if I'm solo and don't feel like bringing my waxed canvas pack and I love it. Nice and light but also built tough enough for portaging and rides really nice. 

ULA makes great stuff. I had a friend in the States for a business trip and just shipped the pack to her hotel to save on taxes, duties and shipping. DEFINITELY worth it if you can do it that way for anyone else interested. 

NOTE: I guess there wouldnt be any duty as its made in North America, but taxes and shipping alone saved me about $75 Canadian. 

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.