You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/27/2016 10:46 am  #1

2 months left for 2016 Submissions Awards Incentive opportunity

These days, online communications are spread thin among a multitude of websites and modern social media. I confess that this old website and forum appear to not be as active as a few years ago. AlgonquinAdventures.com relies heavily on readership participation and submissions .. the sharing of information .. both textual and photographic.

Its with this in mind that I'm reminding everyone that there's two months left in the 2016 Submissions Awards Incentive opportunity. You can check out details at ...

http://www.algonquinadventures.com/news/nwfrSubmissions2016.htm

12/31/2016 9:24 am  #2

Re: 2 months left for 2016 Submissions Awards Incentive opportunity

Hi Barry, just confirming that the submission awards are for canoe trips and do not include backpacking trips?

Tracy

PS just a thought for you, not a criticism. The old board did not have sub-boards, so you had to read the headings of each new message every time you went to the site. I actually liked that as it gave me visibility into each of the topics being discussed. With the new sub-board layout, I find it easy to miss a new topic unless I dive into each sub-board. Perhaps this is contributing to the lack of user participation.

Thanks for your work on the site, I appreciate it greatly.

12/31/2016 2:50 pm  #3

Hi Tracy. Good point about backpacking trips. I'll be adding a 'clarification' shortly to include backpacking trips into the group for consideration in the submissions awards!

http://www.algonquinadventures.com/news/nwfrSubmissions2016.htm

Regarding the new forum .. if you haven't 'logged-in', just check down the far right side for the most recent dates-and-times.

Alternatively, log-in and click on the 'Show new posts' link at the top of the right side. That'll give you all the posts that were made since your last logged-in session.

1/03/2017 8:24 am  #4

Thank you for the tips, Barry! That should help me going forward.

I'll put together a submission based upon my Provoking Lake backpacking trip.

Tracy

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.