You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2016 7:32 pm  #1

Jeff's map

Sadly I have just found out that map maker extraordinaire Jeff McMurtie has left jeffsmap.com. I'm unsure of the reasons but am profoundly saddened at the loss. Jeff brought a wonderful product and put it out there for
all to use and enjoy and he was genuinely concerned about your trip going well and his map contributing to that great trip. Happy paddling Jeff. 

11/23/2016 9:19 pm  #2

Re: Jeff's map

He posted this message on Facebook:

Hey Everyone,
I’ve got some sad news to share with you all.
I’ve recently had to make the very difficult decision to leave Jeff’s Map, effective today.
I wanted to genuinely thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate all the support you’ve shown me over the years. I really, really appreciate it!
Jeff’s Map will continue to exist after my resignation. If you have any inquiries going forward, my business partner, Eric, will be the one operating the company. You can contact him at eric@jeffsmap.com
Although this chapter of my life may be ending, camping will always be a part of my life. Perhaps I’ll still be able to meet some of you out there 
Clear skies and calm waters, everyone!
-Jeff

Last edited by RCShevalier (11/23/2016 9:21 pm)

11/23/2016 11:01 pm  #3

Re: Jeff's map

Yeah, I posted about it a few days ago on the myccr forum, should have posted here too... something about a business dispute with the others involved. I don't know any details. And I can't imagine what sort of dispute would lead to people holding onto a company without the one person who'd likely maintain or expand its product base... seems Solomonic.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.