You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/29/2016 11:00 am  #1

Interior not very busy for peak leaf season?

Planning a trip starting Sunday, and Ive been following the reservation system to see how busy the lakes I will be visiting should be.. seems that I will have my choice of whatever sites I want for the duration of the trip which seems odd? I figured I'd be fighting for a site, or is it just because most people go in without a reservation this time of year?

9/29/2016 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Interior not very busy for peak leaf season?

Personally, I would never bother getting an interior canoeing reservation in the fall.   My wife and I did discover that getting a campground site late Friday evening in the fall can be problematic so I would reserve one in the future.   Usage of the park in the fall seems to have increased but the park doesn't appear to have increased the number of campgrounds kept open after Labour Day weekend.

9/29/2016 2:18 pm  #3

Weekdays are quieter even in peak summer. No surprise that it's quiet for a Sunday start in October. Just like spring, the forecast will have a big impact too and this weekend is looking moderately wet. Wet, cold and fresh trout after a long winter, Wet, cold and trout season closed after a really nice summer just isn't as exciting for some reason. ;-)

I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy on trying to get a trip in the week after Thanksgiving but that would be the latest we have ever gone and I really won't be too upset if it doesn't happen and I end up spending more time at the cottage with a nice wood stove. 

9/29/2016 3:15 pm  #4

RobW wrote:

Weekdays are quieter even in peak summer. No surprise that it's quiet for a Sunday start in October. Just like spring, the forecast will have a big impact too and this weekend is looking moderately wet. Wet, cold and fresh trout after a long winter, Wet, cold and trout season closed after a really nice summer just isn't as exciting for some reason. ;-)

I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy on trying to get a trip in the week after Thanksgiving but that would be the latest we have ever gone and I really won't be too upset if it doesn't happen and I end up spending more time at the cottage with a nice wood stove. 

You make a valid point, sir! I remember last year at the same time I tried to do the Rock-Louisa loop and a couple of the lakes were starting to look pretty full online but it seemed everyone didn't show up. 
Last night for instance I got the last site on Tim Lake (4 reservable) and when I went trolling at 7PM there was only 1 other site occupied. Weird how people waste their money.
I am also doing a trip the weekend after thanksgiving.. doing the barron canyon area.

Last edited by token (9/29/2016 3:16 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.