You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2016 5:30 pm  #1

Trout closer! lakers or brookies?

hey yall ! what a great paddling season its been just got back from access point #17 and am going back to APP in a week. Kinda poor planing on my part as conditions will probably be the same.. :/
this is the mega trout closing fishing bonanza trip...looking for a little advice on fish activity.
is it just me or are brookies just not having it in sept? teething? shut down? feel as hot as i do?
we've gone to our lil spot three years in a row now and maybe pulled out one fish in our 5 day trip, in the spring its nuts there, fish every five casts. (if all the stars are aligned, temp + time of day). So we are seriously considering just going for lakers, (arn't they more predictable?)
Its going to be a full moon so i know moon rise is key and they will be pretty shut down after 2-3 days of moonlight.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

9/13/2016 10:15 am  #2

Re: Trout closer! lakers or brookies?

Brookies all the way. Lake trout fishing is boring and brookies taste much better. They will also be nicely coloured up for the spawn. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.