You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2016 9:30 pm  #1

Water Conditions from Farm to Booth

Anyone been to Booth recently? still feels like everything is bone dry, but wondering if we have a shot at lining at least the first short 90m swift to save us the hassle of loading/unloading?

How about below the Booth dam? Never been here, so guessing the longer one is safer to just do the carry, rather than hoping you can wade most of the way up, and getting caught 300m from either end with no easy exit . .any tips appreciated, we're going in Thursday . . .

Hope everyone is either enjoying their trips, or the planning of the upcoming ones!

After getting "iced" out of back-country camping this spring, been really looking forward to this one!

8/06/2016 10:59 pm  #2

Re: Water Conditions from Farm to Booth

I was there the second week of July.  I'm not sure about lining the first portage but it is easy to skip on the way back.  The portage to Booth is pretty straght forward.  Easier just to do it I think.  A couple of muddy spots and a bit of a hill near the end but not bad at all. Great beach sites on the east shore too.  Hope this helps and have a great time!

8/07/2016 8:42 pm  #3

Re: Water Conditions from Farm to Booth

thanks for the tip

I think our default is to try lining up / running down the Kitty swift, and just carry the Booth run. The time waster is getting 2+kid+a lot of gear in and out of the boat, necessary at Booth no matter what, but if we can skip those steps once, it'd be nice

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.