You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2016 3:35 pm  #1

Getting thru the marsh from Club to Mouse portage

We are heading out of Kiosk in a week and will be trying to find our way through the marsh from Club to Mouse. Back in June there was a post that gave a bit of an explanation from UpTheCreek as to what to look for. I seem to remember that someone had posted a picture of that area showing the "wall of marsh that has a very small opening on the western edge" as UpTheCreek explained, but I can no longer find the photo. It may be in an earlier post. Does anyone recall this photo? I wanted to share it with my "navigator". Thank you.

Last edited by PaddlePartners (8/07/2016 6:45 am)

8/06/2016 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Getting thru the marsh from Club to Mouse portage

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

8/07/2016 6:44 am  #3

Thanks Barbara, but this not the one I was referring to. There had been another photo and as I mentioned it might have been on another post. As this post you had sent me, I had already found.

8/07/2016 9:08 am  #4

Last August we found the entrance but it took time. Best way I can explain is it is closer to the camp site at about a 1/4 distance of the length of the marsh.
Good luck!

8/07/2016 12:55 pm  #5

I did a search for posts by "upthecreek", and that's all that came up where it was specifically says "wall of marsh".

There are more photos in the PCI entry "Mouse Lake Portage 610m from Club L."?

http://www.algonquinadventures.com/PCI/PCIindex.htm

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

8/07/2016 6:54 pm  #6

I just got back from this area. I did this portage on Fri. Right up there on the trickiest portages to find.

I don't think I took the right route a bit a labyrinth. I had to make my own path at least once.

I think I would have been better off staying more to the right but to be honest not absolutely sure.

Don't worry about it though. Ya it was a little hard but you"ll find it. I think I only wasted maybe 10 minutes or so. And I don't have the best sense of direction just ask my wife.  :-)

Last edited by ShawnD (8/07/2016 6:55 pm)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

8/08/2016 3:44 pm  #7

Thank you RCSpartan, Barbara and ShawnD. Your input is very much appreciated.  I am very much the worrier in our household, so I think I just need to chill and enjoy my time out there. I am sure we will find it eventually! Thanks again.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.