You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2016 1:16 pm  #1

Booth lake or Whitson via McManus?

Hi All, 

I am bringing myself and two buddies into the park this coming weekend and am stuck on where to go between these two. Given the time of year, we love to fish for bass, walleye and pike which explains the two locations. I have been to booth 6 times and one the guys has been once as well and loved it, but the other has not been to algonquin. 

Because its 3 of us going we will be going with one canoe and one kayak. Driving distance is not much of an issue for us. 

Any insight is greatly appreciated! 
-Liam 

Last edited by liamc (7/17/2016 1:17 pm)

7/17/2016 9:08 pm  #2

Re: Booth lake or Whitson via McManus?

This time of year I would head to Whitson.

7/18/2016 9:14 am  #3

Hey Rob, your trip report on Whitson is one of the big reasons I'm considering it! Why do you say Whitson over booth. The crowds?

7/18/2016 9:25 am  #4

Well, Booth gives you a chance for bass and pike but no walleye. In spring you'd have a decent chance of catching lake trout in Booth but this time of year you would need to be fishing deep. Whitson gives you a shot a bass, muskie and walleye. That's closer to what you're looking for and muskie are generally considered an upgrade over pike. ;-)

Water levels are probably better going into Booth but I love the scenery the further up the Petawawa you get from McManus. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.