You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2016 10:05 am  #1

Drive through the park on highway 60 after hours?

Stupid question. I booked two night over the long weekend on the western backpacking trail, stupid I know but want to get out with my girlfriend. 

Booked with rain lake as the access point, picking up permits on Saturday. I'm coming from Ottawa, I thought I would drive to Huntsville after work on Friday and book a motel. 

I guess they leave the gates open on highway 60 so people can leave. If I recall correctly I've never really come in or left that late-early. I've always timed it for the west gate opening hours. 

I think I'll get into Huntsville at 9pm so east gate around 7? I assume this shouldn't be a problem driving through the park, am I correct? I've driven through and hiked in a bunch of parks but never that late in the evening so want to be sure.

Any info appreciated. 

Thanks.

Last edited by human (7/17/2016 10:06 am)

7/17/2016 11:34 am  #2

Re: Drive through the park on highway 60 after hours?

The highway is open 24/7.

7/17/2016 11:39 am  #3

Park gates on Highway 60 are normally open 24/7 (whether someone is there after hours, I don't know).  You can sail on through any time after hours, no problem.

7/17/2016 11:39 am  #4

That's what I figured thanks. The new forum looks great by the way. It's been a while since I've checked it out.

7/19/2016 9:53 pm  #5

The park "gates" are not physical gates. Highway 60 is part of the provincial highway network and anyone can drive it at any time, you don't even need a park permit to do so unless you stop at a park facility.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.