You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2016 7:36 pm  #1

Outfitter Experiences In the Northern part of APP

Has anyone had any experiences with Algonquin North Outfitters? (Off of Trans Canadian Hwy and Rt 630).  Wondering how good they are relative to service, inventory of canoes and rental pricing.  Would you recommend any optional outfitters in that neck of the woods? Thanks!           Andy

7/08/2016 6:20 am  #2

Re: Outfitter Experiences In the Northern part of APP

Hey Andy,

I used them consecutive years (6-7 years ago) before buying my own canoe.  Pretty sure we had Swift Algonquin 16's, and if you are going to Kiosk, they had them at the access point, so no loading/unloading required, and no delivery fee, that was part of the price.

Not sure what pricing/fleet are like now, but I was quite happy with them at that time.

(which is good, because there aren't many options in that corner!)

Good luck!

7/08/2016 6:54 am  #3

I've rented from them a few times, most recently in May of last year. I like them. Nice guys and they always have some tip to offer about berries or fishing or whatever's seasonally applicable. Since I think last year they made delivery to Kiosk free. 

7/08/2016 9:08 am  #4

I used them for a shuttle on the Mattawa. I really liked the owner. Chatty guy with lots of local knowledge. No idea about the quality of the canoes. I don't think you are tackling a whole lot of ports on your trip so I imagine they will be fine.

7/09/2016 7:10 am  #5

Thanks Craiger, Dan & Martin !  Reservations have been made with them. Picking up next Friday. So anxious to get back into the park.

7/09/2016 8:52 am  #6

Superb people over there. I've rented from them probably at least a dozen times and eventually bought a canoe from them two years ago. They deliver to Kiosk, Champlain and Pimisi Bay for free. They will also be glad to answer any questions. Nothing but good things to say.

7/09/2016 9:01 am  #7

I am renting backpacking gear. I pick up next week. So far, it's been a great experience. The food menu was amazing, service amazing. They let you use their tent areas overnight before pick up if needed and give you free continental breakfast the morning you leave.
I called a different outfitter for another area and the owner was very rude and pretty much made fun of me. So that sealed the deal with Algonquin.

7/09/2016 1:12 pm  #8

Token and Sammy, Thanks for the feedback. We are renting a 17' ultralight canoe from them and judging by how well I was treated over the phone (talked with "Chase"), it aligns with your comments. To elaborate. I asked Chase how late they would be open as we are uncertain of timing due to a 10+ hour trip up there. He said, just give us a call and we will stick around until you get here!  Talk about customer service! 

7/10/2016 7:30 pm  #9

Nice people there, just rented from them last month. A bit pricey but its was hassle free.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.