You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2016 9:42 am  #1

Extreme Fire Alert

The park is pretty dry right now. Make sure you put your fire out all the way. If you're not sure if the fire is completely out, another bucket of water won't hurt! One of the paddle-in sites at Canisbay is closed due to fire damage from a human fire.

6/26/2016 9:54 am  #2

Re: Extreme Fire Alert

Do you know which one?

Dave

6/26/2016 10:09 am  #3

Has anyone heard of a fire ban in the park. I'll be out next w/e ........guess I should bring the stove and not plan on any fires???

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

6/26/2016 11:00 am  #4

Algonquintripper wrote:

Do you know which one?

No... Not much information given on the friends' site.

6/26/2016 11:04 am  #5

kellycamps wrote:

Has anyone heard of a fire ban in the park. I'll be out next w/e ........guess I should bring the stove and not plan on any fires???

K

I didn't see any bans on the Friends' park advisory page. I was checking cause I was curious since I'm heading up for the long weekend for car camping. You'll just have to check the advisory page before you head out or just pack your stove and extra fuel.

6/26/2016 7:38 pm  #6

We just got back from 3 days on the Western Uplands Trail via Rain Lake. The town of Kearney posted an Extreme level fire ban, but Algonquin Park was still designated as 'High', allowing campfires (at least that was  the case when we went in on Friday). Having said that, we did use extreme caution and kept our campfires even smaller than usual.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.