You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2016 8:41 pm  #1

And this was the warm night ...

Spent a few nights on Big Porcupine. Trigger came along to keep me company but also insisted on staying warm, not that I can blame him. I should have the trip report written up in the next couple of weeks. 

5/16/2016 7:21 am  #2

Re: And this was the warm night ...

check your in box rob, i am headed that way in a few days,,, i think?

5/20/2016 10:37 am  #3

Last Sunday, after I had just returned from Algonquin, I was telling my wife about the 'Guy and his Dog' I talked with at a portage, while our party of 4 was on the way out on Sunday,  Then I sign on to see if anyone was talking about the weather and the winds over the weekend.....and there's Trigger!

I've been long time reader of this Forum, and I must admit, not much a of a contributor.

It was nice to meet you Rob.

PS. We took shelter part across the Lake due to the wind and waves, and waited about 45min until it died down.

Ray.

5/20/2016 1:29 pm  #4

Hey Ray,

I remember chatting with you at the Ragged - Smoke portage. It was nice meeting you too. :-)

I'm glad the wind died down a bit for you. The way it was blowing on the drive home I wouldn't have been surprised if you said it had gotten worse. I hugged the eastern shore of Smoke most of the way up myself, until I got past Molly Island and had to cut across a couple of bays. Surprisingly it only took me about 15 minutes longer to paddle Smoke on the way out than it had going the other way on Thursday when the weather was a fair bit nicer. 

Trigger has the portaging part down pretty well, now I just need to figure out how to teach him to paddle.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.