You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2016 2:31 pm  #1

Where to go tomorrow?

I work in a bakery and am unexpectedly off until Wednesday AM due to lack of production (I know.. approaching a long weekend and buns arent selling). Looks like the weather wont be the greatest so I probably wont be doing an overnight canoe trip so I will likely be doing 1 or 2 day trips. Hoping to do some fishing... I don't care if I can drive there, hike there, or paddle there (small lakes only please). I have a season park pass so any other parks are an option as well.. any ideas?
I'm in North Bay by the way.
I wish I could take my mountain bike to Kiosk and ride on the old rail bed.. I couild probably potentially get in pretty far for some fishing? 

Last edited by token (5/15/2016 2:33 pm)

5/15/2016 4:10 pm  #2

Re: Where to go tomorrow?

Hey Token, if you're fishing, why don't you go down the Tim, or jump over to Latour Creek from Rosebary?  You can skirt around the shore of Tim Lake, and the rivers won't be too bad for wind (no danger, just difficult paddling back upriver if the wind is from the west).

5/15/2016 5:53 pm  #3

Sounds good in theory. I have only paddled from the Tim River access on 1 single occasion and on both my way in and out I had a terrible headwind which turns into a side wind on every bend of the river. I will never forget trying to get from Tim Lake back to the car.. took about an hour just to do that small section. This was about 5 years ago when I first started canoe tripping and I have not been back there since. Everytime I think of the Tim I think of that day. 
Maybe I should just concur my fears and get er' done. 
Like I told you earlier I am seriously considering doing some hiking and a trail lunch in Killarney as well. ;)

5/15/2016 6:32 pm  #4

Token we had the exact issue last fall on the Tim.  I took my son on his first interior trip and I told my wife I'd paddle out on a chosen day and drive out to make a quick call home...Well it was a super windy day and we really struggled.  It's a small lake but we came very close to not being able to get in or out of the lake because of the wind....and ya those winding turns and cross winds were scary at times!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.