You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2016 6:49 pm  #1

New trip report: Shall - Booth - Shirley - McKaskill

Thankfully I didn't have to rescue anyone from a capsize, but I'm home from my first trip of 2016 and have written up a trip report with lots of photos. It was a relaxing and peaceful trip, and as a bonus I actually bumped into Martin from these very forums while out there!

Incidentally Martin, I might have your bear mace. 

The trip report can be found here - I hope you enjoy the read!

5/13/2016 8:19 pm  #2

Re: New trip report: Shall - Booth - Shirley - McKaskill

Great trip report. I was up that way last fall and it was nice to see familiar spots in your photos which, by the way, we're lovely.
I have the same wood burning stove - awesome piece of equipments!

Happy Trails
Kelly

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

5/13/2016 9:52 pm  #3

Nice trip report Uppa! The island site on Booth is one of my favourites in the park. Solitude with a southern view.

A.

5/14/2016 5:28 am  #4

Enjoyed that read allot! What stove do you use?

5/14/2016 6:48 am  #5

@kellycamps: Thanks! Yeah, I've been pretty happy with the stove for sure. 

@Lonestroker: I'd heard good things about that site so it was definitely top of my list. This was actually my first time on Booth Lake so I was exploring as I went. 

@token: Thanks! The stove is a Bushbuddy. I went checking not that long ago and it looks like the dude who used to make them has retired, but he passed the business on to someone else. The original site is http://bushbuddy.ca, the new site is http://www.nomadicstovecompany.com/

5/14/2016 7:35 am  #6

Great report.  I love those laugh at yourself moments when nobody is there to see you.
I'm amazed at how many people are kayaking in the park now, I saw at least one kayak for every canoe last week.

5/14/2016 4:05 pm  #7

Hey you found my Bear Spray! I lost it somewhere between Animoosh and Shrew, but I had no idea where. Funny that it was right there at the end of the portage to Shrew. Very disconcerting not having my security blanket for the next few days.  Nice report and pics. You were very quick putting this one together! I'm betting the splashes you heard on Booth were Pike.

5/14/2016 6:45 pm  #8

Great report. I enjoyed it very much.

Dave

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.